The Exclusive Live In Detroit



T-max 100 f=5.6 at 1/125 sec

I was driving around Temple and Woodward on Detroit's west-side for (no, not for that; you have a dirty mind) any abandon buildings where I can get lost in. This old and for the most part, abandon neighborhood is home to a teaming community of the homeless and harlotry. Driving up and down the various side streets with the abandon high rises buildings housing only the displaced, I suddenly stumbled across a homeless gentleman relaxing on a unique park bench. He looked as if he was taking in all of the sites and sounds of this exclusive lo-cal just on the outskirts of midtown Detroit. I drove at a slow but steady pace down the pothole ridden narrow road where the distinguish observer was positioned. Gingerly rolling down my window, I poked my Canon FT QL 35mm SLR out the side window. I took a shot of this curious socialite only to have the squire of the outdoor davenport gesture to me of a fine job done, in his own way, with his finger of coarse.
This photo captures the true sense of what it's like to live in a tough city such as ours. But does it really have to be this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment