Long Time No Speaky

words and photo by: Telegraphy


 
Well what can I say? It's been over a month since I poked my undersized head through the virtual wires of this internet, and yes I have a very good explanation for that. As Ricky Ricardo say's "Lucy! You have a lot of explaining to do." Well as some of you may or may not know, I've been busy in the studio working on materiel for my first album. Hibernating in Ionosonde studio since late November of last year, I have up until now completed 11 tracks for this album. During my winter stay in the studio, I have pushed my artistic ability to the limit. Fighting the bone chilling winter polar cold in a unheated studio, using only a oil lamp to keep the chill out, I found solitude in the warm melodies and sounds I created in the process of creating each tracks.

  The warmth coming off of the wave table synthesizers I used in this album, did help out but what did push me though the creation process was the drive to release Ionosonde Recordings first physical CD. Spending more time then I usually do on any particulate track was well worth the effort and heart ache. As more delicate craftsmanship of sound creation and rhythm went into these tracks, I've noticed the vocal friendliness coming through. It all started out with "Walking Alone With Someone" a C.C. release on the Free Music Archive
Then it started to flow onto more tracks. At first I intended the album have a collection melodies - Not songs with words! Oh well, nothing I do ever goes to plan.

 So as of yesterday, I finalized the track listing. eight tracks of pure music and three of something special. That's all I can say. You just have to wait for the album to come out. To quote the greatest buddhist of the electronic age - Fred and Ethel Mertz: "
Rome wasn't built in a day Fred." "Well, Rome wasn't built like you either." 

  It isn't clear to me weather "Ionosonde" will be released here or on another label. I will keep you posted.   

           

No comments:

Post a Comment